3rd Annual Hungry Mother State Park, Virginia Meet Aug 18-20

Check out what group rides people are planning, or planning to attend! Questions you have BEFORE the ride takes place should go in here.

Moderator: Moderators

DSKYZD
Lifer
Donating Member #: 187

Post by DSKYZD »

Last minute idea about getting into the park. They charge a couple of dollars to get in. I can't remember if you tell them you're camping whether or not they let you in to pick a spot.

Either way, if you register across the road in the main park office they give out a pass. I'm guessing we can be part of the "Camilletti Party". I'll probably stop by there first, register if I can, and then go over to the campground. I actually don't want to get there too early.

DSKYZD
JOURNEY JUNKIE #187
yjleesvrr
Donating Member #: 0

Post by yjleesvrr »

Do you guys have flight plans drafted tomorrow? Or are you winging it? I'm trying to figure out what time I should leave in the morning. I don't want to show up and find the camp empty!

Edit - Ah, I just got your email Brian. I'll probably give you a ring in the morning as I'm heading down. I'm planning to leave Blacksburg around 7:30ish. If you guys change your mind about Apple Valley Family Restaurant, let me know. I'll shoot you an email with my cell #.
Member #93, June 2002
'14 BMW R1200RT "Wethead"
'77 BMW R100/7 "Airhead"
Catapult
Basic User

Can only stay for the day.

Post by Catapult »

Just found out my Saturday is now open. I plan leaving around 7:30am Saturday and should arrive around 9:30 or 10.

I look forward to meeting you guys.
Pete

Black'04 R1150R - ABS
chibbert
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 202

Post by chibbert »

Except for rain last night and a little on the way home today - all went very well. Great riding and great chatting - was good to see you all again.
CupOHemlock
Basic User

Post by CupOHemlock »

I made it back home about 3PM.

It was great seeing you all! I'm gonna need some more camping practice and a few more pieces of gear to ensure I get some sleep :)

It really means a lot to be able to call you guys my friends.

Hope to see you all again soon.

COH (Rich)
Thunder Grey 2010 S1000RR "The Beast" (sold)
Metallic Red Apple 2011 R1200R
Member #494
MikeCam
Centurion Moderator!
Donating Member #: 100

Post by MikeCam »

Rich,

Glad you joined us! Just don't tell too many people!!!!

All,

Brian home safely at 1220. Machew at 1400. Cam at 1820.

Who else checks in?

Phil, Vann, Tom, Kevin, John,....Jeff?
The Older I Get, The Less I Know.
Biff's R
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 289

Post by Biff's R »

I arrived home about 20 minutes after Chris, since I live 20 minutes farther north. (2:30-3:00ish)

If you are looking for a road with a lot of high speed sweepers, I would recommend the West Virginia Turnpike.

Good to see everyone again, and I am glad it rained, because we would have had to change the name of the ride.

Watch out, cause you never know what Chris keeps in his socks.
Jeff (lifer #289)
'17 F800GSA
'04 R1150R
There ain't no education in the second kick of a mule!
wncbmw
Lifer

Post by wncbmw »

I arrived home about noonish. Rain started on me and Phil about 15 minutes from Marion. We ate breakfast at Bristol, and left to find more rain. After we parted at the I-26 and I-81 intersection, Mother Nature tried to fool me into getting out of the rain gear with some semi-blue skies but I didn't bite. Good thing. I got dumped on!

I will exchange a rainy ride home for a rain-free Saturday ride anytime! :D

Great time guys and look forward to the next get together, whenever and whereever it is.

And thanks Mike for organizing this thing and doing what needed to be done. The turnout is testimony to your work and the friendships this board has fostered! =D>
'02 in black - the real BMW color! (Now gone to a new home)
Vann - Lifer No. 295
chibbert
Double Lifer

Post by chibbert »

who me? :smt059
chibbert
Double Lifer

Post by chibbert »

Agreed - Mike - good job! Thanks for hanging your nose out on the campsite rentals ahead of time - it's greatly appreciated.
yjleesvrr

Post by yjleesvrr »

Hi guys - I had a blast hanging out even for just a day yesterday. It didn't rain much at all on the way back to Blacksburg. I got home in an hour and twenty minutes after I left the campsite well before midnight.

Vann - thanks for the inner liner. I'll bring it down with me in September when me and my buddies come down to WNC.

Brian - Thanks for offering to lend me your rain pants. It turned out that I didn't need it. My jeans were completely dry when I arrived home.

Great to see all you guys yesterday. It made me regret the fact that I missed the Bash earlier this year in Marietta.
Member #93, June 2002
'14 BMW R1200RT "Wethead"
'77 BMW R100/7 "Airhead"
OneShot
Basic User

Post by OneShot »

I am glad that a good time was had by all. I really regret that I could not make it, but it happens sometimes. I hope to make the next one.

Cheers!
-Nelson
Semper Fi!

'04 R1150R Titan Silver Non-ABS
tjmoran
Basic User

Great Weekend

Post by tjmoran »

Thanks to all for letting an old K12RS guy tag along. Fantastic roads and a great bunch of riders. Thanks in particular to John for keeping the pace interesting (for me, not for him).

Tom
99 K1200RS
Kevin Markwell
Basic User

Post by Kevin Markwell »

John and I got back to Northern VA right about 5pm keeping the rain at our backs. I got sprinkled on when I reached Bethesda. We had a great ride back over the Blue Ridge (not on the PKWY).

That was what I call a fantastic weekend. I'm going to do everything I can to make more of them. It was great to meet you all and I'm looking forward to future rides.

Thanks to Mike for setting it up.

Kevin
A good world needs knowledge, kindliness, and courage. --Bertrand Russell

Member #37 - Lifer
Boxer
Lifer
Donating Member #: 2

Post by Boxer »

I never got home. I'm still riding around north Georgia looking for that one mysterious road that my GPS says I must take.

Haven't been able to get on-line until today. ..But I DID make it home. Not much rain after parting with Vann on Sunday. I had to eventually stop in Chattanooga and change into some cooler gear. Made it home about 3:00 or so. And I made sure I checked my socks before taking my shoes off in front of my wife. Chibbert told me to do that. Just to be safe you know....

Nice weekend and thanks to all who came and joined us. Special kudos to Mike Cam for setting it all up and making it happen.
MikeCam
Centurion Moderator!
Donating Member #: 100

Post by MikeCam »

Same as last year....Loop C Aug 17-19 2007 pre-pays $40 per site for the two nights. Paypal etc...
The Older I Get, The Less I Know.