Techlusion R259 on the Rockster.

This section is dedicated to the new Rockster version of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

Taipan
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Techlusion R259 on the Rockster.

Post by Taipan »

Hi All

I'm trying to see of there are any common settings for these bikes when fitted with a Techlusion R259. I know there are a lot of variables at play here, but wondered if any common denominators would show up?

My settings are

G .6
Y 1.2
R 1.0
C 4.0

My bike is a 03 Rockster with a Pipercross air filter, Remus Revolution (baffle out) and Remus cat eliminator (Y piece).

With these settings it’s fairly crisp, but I think I could dial in some more accelerator (yellow pot) and top end (red pot)?

I can’t seem to get it dialled in perfectly, but then my daily journey is part highway and part city riding, which in London is slow due to heavy traffic. So I am getting extreme temp fluctuations. But overall I think the Techlusion is a good bit of kit and a good improvement for the bike.

I hope to get mine set up on a dyno at some point. These are just some settings Chris @ Techlusion supplied me with based on my feedback.

If you have one what are your settings and how do you find the Techlusion?

Best,

Dave
elmosisu
Basic User

SETTINGS

Post by elmosisu »

I have had a Techlusion for over a year now, and generally like the results.

I have a Sebring Hi-flo CAT and a Adventure pipe (Supertrapp) slip-on can. K&N filter for a while, now I'm back to stock filter

My settings that I have settled in on are:

G : 0 (off)

Y : 1.0
R : 1.05

C : 3.6

my issue was surging, and I have cut it down to tolerable levels with this set up. I did run the yellow and red pots up for a time, but really noticed poor mileage, and little or no performance improvement. I also had a tendancy to belch black (rich) smoke upon hard acceleration. I was instructed to set the green to 0 by the Techlusion fellas. Something to do with the open loop/ closed loop transition, and how it affects surging.

I would like to go to a Y- pipe, but spent WAAAY to much on the hi-flo Cat ( just so I could feel good about the environment). Cat looks cool though..........sorry no pics
Everyone needs to believe in something.......I believe I'll have another beer.

Rick-
Taipan
Basic User

Post by Taipan »

Just us two with Techlusions then. That makes us elite. 8) Dunno what you're missing Guys, seriously, get one, it makes a big difference.
riceburner
Basic User

Post by riceburner »

Did you stick the Techlusion on at the same time as changing to the Remus setup??

IE can you for sure say that the change is from the Techlusion, and not from the removal of the Catalytic converter and OE can?

Because just that change makes a fair difference.
Non quod, sed quomodo.

A Rockster Life
elmosisu
Basic User

techlusion

Post by elmosisu »

In my case, I'd put on the Techlusion when my exhaust was in stock form. ( again, as surging fix only). And INSTANTLY noticed a crisper, faster revving motor, along with the surge reduction. I will agree with Taipan that the Techlusion is a worthwhile addition.

rick
Everyone needs to believe in something.......I believe I'll have another beer.

Rick-
Taipan
Basic User

Post by Taipan »

riceburner wrote:Did you stick the Techlusion on at the same time as changing to the Remus setup??

IE can you for sure say that the change is from the Techlusion, and not from the removal of the Catalytic converter and OE can?

Because just that change makes a fair difference.
Hi Mate

No, my bike came with the Remus and y piece fitted. But I was worried about the fuelling as it fely vague (lean?) in places? A aTechlusion came up on teh ukgser site and I bought it witha view to getting it set up on a dyno, which I haven't got round to doing yet. :oops:

The instant you fit it, it trasnsforms the bike. It's noticable as soon as you pull away, let alone ride it any disance. You can dial away your fuel consumption if you want, but it does smooth things out. When set up on a dyno they prove their worth too. You'll find loads of favourable comments on the UKGSER site, despite being the GS's abilty to be able to load different maps with small wire jumper, the Techlusion, for those that have bothered has always been a worthwhile fitment.

best,

Dave
boxermania
Quadruple Lifer
Donating Member #: 312

Post by boxermania »

I've been running the Techlusion for over 2 years along with a TBR Y and C2 can.

Dyno performance at the rear wheel

Stock - 77 HP
TBR Y and C2 muffler - 80 HP
Techlusion at factory recomende settings - 84 HP

To me this is the best combination for the money to get the boxer to operate more efficiently. The roll on is far stronger, the acceleartion croispier and the mileage loss is fairly small ~ 2 mpg. I also run the Autolite 3923 plugs at .030"

Taipan, FYI....there are a fair amount of BMW owners that run the Techlusion.....no, you are not in a league of your own.
Member #312
06 Suzuki Burgman 650 "state of flux"
79 CBX