Officlal posting policies are getting silly

All other motorcycle related topics go in here." However, DO NOT post ANY messages that are related to politics or religion in here. They will be erased. Thanks!

Moderator: Moderators

collyers
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Officlal posting policies are getting silly

Post by collyers »

What the H-E-double hockey sticks does this mean:

click for the presbyopic amongst us:

if I cannot view/post in the "off topic" section w/o some ridiculous permission slip to grant me "special access", what's next?

BTW, I've been a member since June 2002 - 1423 + 242 posts in the "new" board, and I'm no youngster.

I wish someone could explain to me (us) why it seems the vocal minority is so uptight about stupid $hit like bikinis & Ducatis & Honda 50cc roadracers from the 60's & ........... I mean, we're all adults, ride M/Cs, have been with women (or at least one), and sort-of know what life & the internet is all about. If you're offended by burnouts, wheelies, long distance touring, bathing suits, DJs great photos, Dean-O & Darth's great wealth of experience & truths - get stuffed, I say. Otherwise, lighten up and learn how other people see things - maybe you'd learn some humility & GROW. If I have to have special permission to go somewhere on the internet, it better either make me $$ or make me do bad things. Or both.
The more RULES that are written, the more POLICE you'll need. Who wants either? There's enough Police in our lives w/o them here. I hope this opens a huge line of discussion (that gets moved to OFF-TOPIC almost instantly), because this site is in grave danger (is there any other kind?) of collapsing in on itself underneath it's own weight.
The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
dallara

Oh, Collyers...

Post by dallara »

Oh, Collyers...

I would so *LOVE* to go there with ya', buddy, but alas... I can't. We all know why, too.

5 will get ya' 10 that this will more probably get deleted completely rather than moved.

Good luck, Collyers... And drop me a PM when ya' get the chance.

Dallara
wncbmw
Lifer

access

Post by wncbmw »

I am confused by what you mean. I just went there with no problem!
Last edited by wncbmw on Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'02 in black - the real BMW color! (Now gone to a new home)
Vann - Lifer No. 295
Boxer
Lifer
Donating Member #: 2

Post by Boxer »

I checked it out too. I don't know what you encountered. You musta been in the "Twilight Zone".
big papa
Basic User

Post by big papa »

I can't see DJ's post either?? Guess they moved it to Pat's place... whatever...
Bill
'07 R1200RT
JToole
Basic User

Post by JToole »

Same here, I don't have a permission slip.

I guess I'm not as equal as the other animals...
dallara

Pretty Bizarre...

Post by dallara »

Pretty bizarre.

I honestly wonder... Could this kind of thing be the fault of the board software or ISP?

There was a period right after moving from the old ezboard where this new board would not recognize my log-in no matter what. I e-mailed Doug about it and he did get it straightened out.

I may have my differences with Doug and the mods over some issues, but I have to give credit where credit is due. Doug fixed that problem for me fairly quickly, so you might give him a try to see if he can help with this.

mcooperstein might be able to help, too.

Dallara
Last edited by dallara on Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shaman
Honorary Lifer

Post by Shaman »

Off topic should be open to all.
I doubt any of the mods would have taken the time to go set your own specific permissions to Off Topic.

Moved post wont display in Off Topic but will tell you they are moved.
If you can get in where they were moved to, you can view them, IE, the Playhouse.

Try Del'ing your cookie and relogging in.
Shaman
Honorary Lifer

Post by Shaman »

guest rider wrote:This board blows donkey coque the high hard way
Guest are so tedious.
Gord
Lifer

Post by Gord »

Shaman wrote:Guest are so tedious.
Guests have a way of becoming entertaining members of the community. So let's reword slightly to:

"Guests who rudely come into the board and slag its members without having the gonads to identify who they are or why they have arrived at the conclusions they have are tedious"
Gord

I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. - No. 6
riceburner
Basic User

Re: Pretty Bizarre...

Post by riceburner »

Dallara wrote:Pretty bizarre.

I honestly wonder... Could this kind of thing be the fault of the board software or ISP?

There was a period right after moving from the old ezboard where this new board would not recognize my log-in no matter what. I e-mailed Doug about it and he did get it straightened out.

I may have my differences with Doug and the mods over some issues, but I have to give credit where credit is due. Doug fixed that problem for me fairly quickly, so you might give him a try to see if he can help with this.

mcooperstein might be able to help, too.

Dallara

nah - nothing sinister...

The thread was moved to Pat's Place which noly paying members can enter. (This assumes Collyers isn't a paying members), but a "Placeholder" link was left in the "Off-topic" forum for a while. It's a feature found in many bulletin board softwares, I've seen it before.
Non quod, sed quomodo.

A Rockster Life

Post by Guest »

Shaman wrote:Guest are so tedious.
I hear you. But if you look at the number of guests compared to members at any one time, you'll be outnumbered most of the time. Probably most guests shake their head wondering why anyone would pay for this, while a minority type the dribble you quoted. On behalf of the good guests, I offer an apology.

Yet Another Guest
geechie
Honorary Lifer

Post by geechie »

On behalf of the good guests, I offer an apology.
Not sure I can accept that. (Though I do think that"Yet Another Guest" means well.) I have no problems at all with lurkers who browse the site and keep their opinions to themselves. Heck, I lurk and learn and am entertained at several sites.

But when I feel that I have something to add, or if I just want to participate, then I'm going to identify myself. In my old fashioned and not all that humble opinion, it would be somewhat less than honorable not to.

Oh, and by the way — it's "drivel".

George
Member #191
Carpe momentum... y'all