7.0 C.I.P Update

The sexy K1200R!

Moderator: Moderators

Silverr
Basic User

7.0 C.I.P Update

Post by Silverr »

Just checking in to see what the thoughts are on the new 7.0 update. I have an 06 kr and my bike had the 6.1 update done while is was still new. I have no complaints at all about loss of power in certain situations, rough idle or any other issues mention by some other owners with the exception of a slight increase in vibration passing thru 6k rpms.. I was also under the impression from the dealer, that just because you dont have the latest update, does not mean the computer will say you need it.

So, with that being said, what are the thoughts out there regarding 7.0 Has anyone been told the computer says they dont need it or does anyone feel like they dont need it.

-silver
Kevin Markwell
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Post by Kevin Markwell »

I have an appointment to get the update next week. My bike was fine until I had the 6000 mile service, afterwhich it started backfiring on decelleration, hesitating, especially on hard uphill turns, and generally running rougher. The dealer said some people come back with new complaints after the 7.0 update, but the conversation got sidetracked before I could ask what those were. I just want my old Beast back, and Rich said this was the trick. I wouldn't be doing it if it hadn't changed after the service. I'm not sure how that made a difference.
A good world needs knowledge, kindliness, and courage. --Bertrand Russell

Member #37 - Lifer
Ed K
Lifer

Post by Ed K »

Hey Guys... You might already be aware of this, but lots of threads regarding Rev 7.0 on this site http://bmwk1200s.com/forum/search.php?s ... d=newposts

Virtually all of them seem to speak very favorably of Rev 7.0.
Ed K
07 K1200S
Lifetime Member
CupOHemlock
Basic User

Post by CupOHemlock »

Yes indeed.. this was definitely the trick for me. The bike ran tremendously better after the update... AND.. with 3 tanks of gas run through the "learning" process it runs even BETTER now!

Keven et al, please post your findings too!

COH (Rich)
Thunder Grey 2010 S1000RR "The Beast" (sold)
Metallic Red Apple 2011 R1200R
Member #494
Silverr
Basic User

Post by Silverr »

As 7.0 has been out for awhile, I am just curious as to the feedback. I have been reading a few threads online and it seems like 7.0 is not as good as once thought, at least for some. There has been mention of stalling issues. As it stands, I am very happy with 6.01 and I am sure that 7.01 is not the final final. It should be interesting to see how long it takes for 8.0 or a final map to show up. My guess is within 4-6 months, we will see 8.0, which is why 7.0 was not an automatic update!

Thoughts??
whiteknight
Basic User

7.0 Did the Trick!

Post by whiteknight »

Just got my K1200R back from the dealership to have 7.0 update with 300 miles on the clock. Of course, the maximum allowed engine speed during break-in is 7000 rpm, but at about 6200 I experienced horrendous vibration from the engine and super snatchy throttle response at low rpms.

Guess what? The 6200 rpm vibration's gone, the engine is smoother throughout the rev-band, snatchy throttle's way better, and digital neutral gear indicator displays "N" now instead of "0".
Silverr
Basic User

Re: 7.0 Did the Trick!

Post by Silverr »

[quote=Guess what? The 6200 rpm vibration's gone, the engine is smoother throughout the rev-band, snatchy throttle's way better, and digital neutral gear indicator displays "N" now instead of "0".[/quote]

It sounds like you had 5.0 and updated to 7. The 0 to N was fixed on 6.0. My bike runs great on 6 but I do have an increased vibration from 6-7 k range. Its not usually that noticeable because its such a short period. If 7.0 smoothes it out, great. However, I dont have any stalling issues and starting issues and some have said that 7.0 brought back that problem that 6.0 actually fixed.. Its interesting how each software version affects different k12's different ways?

And so I wait.
whiteknight
Basic User

Blipped the throttle...

Post by whiteknight »

and she stalled at a traffic light last night. I tried to replicate these conditions later and the tach would drop below idle but not stall.