Just Bought a New K1200R!

The sexy K1200R!

Moderator: Moderators

ferroknight
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Just Bought a New K1200R!

Post by ferroknight »

My name's John and I'm new posting to this forum, having just picked up this red and white beauty. I live in Sacramento, CA and my last bike was an '04 Ferro Blue R1150R.

I apologize for cell phone picture quality. Better pics to follow.

The custom paint job was added to the list of options at the dealership (A & S BMW.) This bike came originally as White Aluminum. The dealership owner takes a stock bike off the floor every year and has a red and white paint scheme applied by a local shop. Last year he customized a Rockster, making it look like an art-deco museum piece. I don't know if this bike's paintwork makes it somewhat of a collector's item, but I don't intend on keeping this lady in a museum. She's going on display outside in a blur!

The K1200R sidescoop decals are on order, but I haven't decided if this bike looks better debadged. Also, I want to install a belly pan and apply a color scheme that enhances the bike's muscular lines. Any suggestions?

I really wanted the swirl-type sport wheels with the 190-section rear tire, though I know a 180's fine for every day riding. Would I really notice a difference if I'm not an agressive canyon carver? I just want to have fun on the street and freeway, and the star-type wheel design's growing on me. Most of the K1200R pics I see have the sport wheels.

John Carabillo
MikeCam
Centurion Moderator!
Donating Member #: 100

Post by MikeCam »

Tres' cool!
The Older I Get, The Less I Know.
Bry
Basic User

Post by Bry »

Wow! certainly going to stand out

Looks good.

Bry
I work so much to afford the toys I don't have time to use!
Racegun
Basic User

Post by Racegun »

VERY NICE !!!
ferroknight
Basic User

Runnin' Real Rough!

Post by ferroknight »

Just breaking her in with 200 miles on the clock. Bike shudders through low speed maneuvers and throttle settings, and at 6000 rpm runs real rough. I don't think the 7.0 update's been done yet, which I was planning on having done at 600 mile service. Anyone else with similar experiences?
John Carabillo
Doug
Site Admin
Donating Member #: 1

Post by Doug »

Congrats on the new ride, its a beaut!

Since you were a 1150 owner, can you post your observations between the two bikes?

Thanks for the pics.
Member #1
ferroknight
Basic User

Hey. Doug!

Post by ferroknight »

Pleased to meet you. Where do you want comparo, here or R1150R forum?
John Carabillo
pepebmw
Basic User

Great bike!

Post by pepebmw »

I got to tell you guys. I took a demo ride on the K1200R just today at BMW SF. Good grief, what a bike, loads of power, super-fast. Zow! Wow! Love the ESA tech on it, Suh-weet!
Nutty rider!
big papa
Basic User

Post by big papa »

I traded my Rockster for my K1200R a month ago, I couldn't be happier. I don't feel the need to raise the bars or lower the foot pegs like on the Rockster. I seem to fit perfect. Anyone that says this much power isn't necessary, is full of poo... I will never look to pass someone and think "am I gonna make it?" :smt077
Bill
'07 R1200RT