2007 RA Rally

Check out what group rides people are planning, or planning to attend! Questions you have BEFORE the ride takes place should go in here.

Moderator: Moderators

wncbmw
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Post by wncbmw »

dwayne - I don't know about the car thing. I would contact someone at the RA web site for an answer.
'02 in black - the real BMW color! (Now gone to a new home)
Vann - Lifer No. 295
DSKYZD
Lifer
Donating Member #: 187

Post by DSKYZD »

cworley5150 and I are leaving Wed. Thinking about camping Wed. night at BRMC in Crusoe, NC. Any ideas how crowded that place might be? Other nights will be spent on the Biltmore grounds.

Any other MC friendly campgrounds in the area?

The last time I went to an RA rally, none of you other pansies showed up! :lol: :lol:
JOURNEY JUNKIE #187
wncbmw
Lifer

Post by wncbmw »

Brian - I doubt BRMC will be full on a Wednesday night. Probably just some weird BMW dudes waiting for the rally site to open up! :P
Vann - Lifer No. 295
MikeCam
Centurion Moderator!
Donating Member #: 100

Post by MikeCam »

Quote: "The last time I went to an RA rally, none of you other pansies showed up! "

That happened to me too boyo!
The Older I Get, The Less I Know.
DSKYZD
Lifer

Post by DSKYZD »

MikeCam wrote:That happened to me too boyo!
Yeah, but you at least had a proper send off:
JOURNEY JUNKIE #187
Boxer
Lifer
Donating Member #: 2

Post by Boxer »

<BUMP>
Has there been any thought of setting aside a location for our group to camp together? We don't have very long, and it can be close to impossible to find each other at an event like this, unless there's a plan in place.

MikeCam? Are you coming? Do you still have the r1150r.net banner from the Bartow Bash?

Any interest in doing this, or should we just wander around looking....or not?
DSKYZD
Lifer

Post by DSKYZD »

I think this is a great idea. R4R&R talked about coordinating on Thursday so that we met before setting up camp. I'm coming down with cworley5150 and his brother. We actually are planning to camp at Blue Ridge MC campground on Wed. night. That puts us in the area on Thursday.

When will you arrive?

I haven't even had my tent out this year yet... unusual.

DSKYZD

P.S. I bought one of those candle lanterns like yours. Looking forward to using it.
JOURNEY JUNKIE #187
Boxer
Lifer

Post by Boxer »

This'll be a test of "real" two-up camping on the bike. We will need the 3-man tent with two sleeping bags and two thermarests...with minimal clothing, etc. Not really much camping gear is needed for a rally since there's no cooking to speak of, but even so It'll challenge my loading ingenuity. I'm not carrying the skinny teenager this time.

We will be riding up on Thursday. We should be up in that neck of the woods by 2 or 3 oclock, I'd say.

Meeting someplace before entering the rally sounds sensible.
R4R&R
Basic User
Donating Member #: 293

Post by R4R&R »

I'll probably be arriving sometime late Thursday afternoon/evening. I'm not sure of my route yet, but I do plan on setting up camp in the daylight.
John
Member 293 (I think)
'17 Triumph Tiger 1200 XRX
wncbmw
Lifer

Post by wncbmw »

I will probably work at least part of the day Thursday but plan to go to the rally site by Thursday afternoon late and set up the tent. I probably won't sleep in the tent until Saturday night but would like to meet up so we could set up in the vicinity anyway!

I plan to take Friday off and ride! Hopefully with you guys! Saturday will be tied up with graduation but I plan to spend the night at the rally.
Vann - Lifer No. 295
Boxer
Lifer

Post by Boxer »

I probably won't sleep in the tent until Saturday night
So, that means I'll have a place to sleep on Friday in case I do something wrong in my tent? :shock:
DSKYZD
Lifer

Post by DSKYZD »

Anyone know if they still do the "Coffee with Dave" thing where David Hough hosts this impromptu morning discussion w/ coffee and doughnuts? In 2005 Fred Rau was there also (maybe he always is) and I rather enjoyed those morning sessions. Seems like they started about 7am or so.

Boxer, you sound like a man with a plan. :lol:

DSKYZD
JOURNEY JUNKIE #187
wncbmw
Lifer

Post by wncbmw »

So, that means I'll have a place to sleep on Friday in case I do something wrong in my tent?
Yeah - if she kicks you out, I'll rent you some space! :lol:

Actually, if you need to store some stuff out of the way, you can use it until I need it!
Vann - Lifer No. 295
Valueman
Lifer

Post by Valueman »

Well, I have finally decided to make the trip over to Asheville. After spending the last two weekends at rallies (Burkesville and Huntsville), the Asheville trip might put me in the dog house a little, but it's just too close to not go. Also, I am writing a seminar on appraising high value and historic homes, so I can write the trip off as research.

Vann, I enjoyed meeting you last summer when I was in the area. Maybe this time I can actually arrange to ride with you (if you will let an FJR guy tag along that is :).

I plan on leaving Wednesday after work, camping somwhere along the way, then arriving in Asheville Thursday morning.

VM
Boxer
Lifer

Post by Boxer »

then arriving in Asheville Thursday morning.
Valueman, You may be the first to arrive on the scene. Stake a claim! Then guard it with your life. We're counting on you.
Valueman
Lifer

Post by Valueman »

Boxer,

I'll do what I can, but I don't know how wise it is to count on a cigar smoking fat man on a Yamaha :)

VM
wncbmw
Lifer

Post by wncbmw »

VW - yeah, those Yammy riders aren't to be trusted! :wink:

You can ride with us if you don't think we will hold you up too much!
Vann - Lifer No. 295
Biff's R
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 289

Post by Biff's R »

Valueman wrote: Also, I am writing a seminar on appraising high value and historic homes, so I can write the trip off as research.
VM
I love being able to write off fun stuff.
Jeff (lifer #289)
'17 F800GSA
'04 R1150R
There ain't no education in the second kick of a mule!
Valueman
Lifer

Post by Valueman »

I will be working at registration Thursday from 5pm until 9pm. I will likely be wearing my name tag, "Danny Wiley - BMW Motorcycle Club of Nashville." Make sure you say "hi" if you register during that time slot.

VM
DSKYZD
Lifer

Post by DSKYZD »

I respect you for volunteering, thank you for that.

You just may be first on scene. Chris and I "might" be there earlier than I'd expected. Plans are still dynamic at this point. We'll likely not set up camp until we've met up w/ someone else. I'm starting to think Thursday may be a great day for touring the Biltmore, you know, before the crowd. :lol:

DSKYZD
JOURNEY JUNKIE #187