gear /display concerns

The sexy K1200R!

Moderator: Moderators

palosteros
Basic User

gear /display concerns

Post by palosteros »

hello
first time user to message board,just brought a K1200R 2005 first BMW,I was hoping someone might be able to help me ,just after I picked it up (private seller)
I noticed that when i selected nuetral tyhe green light on display would not come and would not start unless I pulled in the clutch lever,when I clicked up to second gear the green nuetral comes on,has anyone else had this problem,if so can you help?.there are other things like the display will not show 1st 2nd numbers on display but 3rd to 6th would appear,this not all the time. I really am pleased with it and can't wait to ride it at any oppurtunity.thank you for this oppurtunity to get a question out so hopefully it will be resolved.
sweatmark
Septuple Lifer
Donating Member #: 208

Re: gear /display concerns

Post by sweatmark »

Congratulations on the new bike.

This particular section of Roadster message board is seldom active... I would suggest joining and posting K-bike questions on one or both of the following K-bike-specific forums:

http://www.bmwk1200s.com/

http://www.k-bikes.com/forums/cmps_index.php

The section you see here popped up when some original R1150R owners moved to the "new" K1200R when it first appeared, but many of same folks have moved on to greener pastures.
Rockster#2, K1300S, S1000R (for sale)
palosteros
Basic User

Re: gear /display concerns

Post by palosteros »

thanks mate(sweatmark)
I went to the wwwbmw.com i was able to look up someone else who had similar problem apparently cleaning a "gear indicator potentiometer" plug
so i will try to have a look but i was not sure i guess the asscessorie plug is what is called the power socket in the manual,which is next to it.
i have also registered to jion that forum so it would be great to chat to other bikers i have booked it into a BMW dealer so if i don't find it at least the mechanic should be able to find it.(hoping to sort it myself though)