Next step..monza fuel cap

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

Soliton

Next step..monza fuel cap

Post by Soliton »

Absolutely not everyone's cup of tea but the first bit is done. I have found a retailer that sells Monza style caps that are still made in England (with good quality alloy). I will TIG weld it on the flip up section. This will leave all of the locking mechanism fully concealed but usable. There will be a gasket inside, around the area of the lock plate, using Viton sheet. (Fluorinated rubbers are fuel resistant).

To keep a gloss on it, my plan is to use a product out of the US called Glisten PC. It is a two pack clear coat (fuel and UV resistant) made by POR15, the funny thing is that they use Australia as their example. It's wicked expensive (more so with the exchange rate) but I've not found anything else that covers all the bases. I only want to do it once, so better to stump up the dosh and do it right. If it doesn't work out I'll be quite cross and massively disappointed but I won't know without giving it a go.
I 100% accept this is what happens when OCD goes dancing with COVID19 lockdown but in my defence I am not taking pictures of bread or crocheting tiny couches for cats.

Rs,

Sol
"Better to live rich than die rich."