Skene P3 - turn signal option?

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1200R.

Moderator: Moderators

dbrick
Lifer
Donating Member #: 902

Skene P3 - turn signal option?

Post by dbrick »

I rode with xprof yesterday, and we switched bikes for awhile. I observed that even better brake light visibility (beyond the Brake! module my bike now has) would be good. I decided on Skene P3s, but am unsure about whether or not to add the turn signal option.

I'd welcome any of your opinions about this.
David Brick
Santa Cruz CA
2007 R1200R
priors: R50, R50, R69, R69S, R65, FJ1200, K75S, R1100RSL
Lost Rider
Basic User
Donating Member #: 514

Re: Skene P3 - turn signal option?

Post by Lost Rider »

Those P3's look very similar to the Hyperlights I have on mine, very noticeable and a great safety addition.
For the $20 more it is for the turn signal feature, why not? It can't hurt IMO.
Get Lost!
mogu83
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Post by mogu83 »

My 2 cents. I have P3s on and didn't go for the turn signal option. I figured their would be too many things winking and blinking and just cause confusion. I'm assuming your going to leave the stock signals on. I do have the LED signals that have a nice crisp blink, I figure if they don't see that, then more lights aren't going to help.

I do however have the voltmeter option on my P3s, when you turn the ignition on the lights blink showing the battery voltage. I didn't pay for it, the first module was bad and Skene sent me the deluxe one in replacement. Think about it your sitting in the seat and the lights on the rear of the bike are blinking the voltage to the guy behind you when you turn the ignition on. I guess it would come in handy if the guy behind you could radio you and tell you your battery voltage - just more useless blinking lights.
Last edited by mogu83 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harry Costello -- Jersey Shore
2007 R1200R
1974 + 75 CB125S
1971 R75
2011 Sportster
BMWMOA 57358
jkhomes
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 939

Post by jkhomes »

I got the brake light function which I like a lot. The Skene product is definitely worth the money and easy to install. I did not get the turn signal option because it seemed important that the turn signals function normally so as not to confuse oncoming motorists.

If I commuted in town I would definitely consider a Strobewise deceleration warning device. http://www.whitehorsegear.com/strobewis ... ing-device
John K
2008 R1200R
2013 HP4
dbrick
Lifer
Donating Member #: 902

Post by dbrick »

Thanks all.

I suppose the P3s flashing with the turn signals might be confusing because of the color difference of each side's lights (P3s are red, the turn signals are amber), but the congruent flashing might present clearly to following eyes.

I'll take the turn signal option, and see how it looks. It's easy to disconnect if it looks odd.
David Brick
Santa Cruz CA
2007 R1200R
priors: R50, R50, R69, R69S, R65, FJ1200, K75S, R1100RSL