ARKANSAS IN AUTUMN '07 - Mini Bash Sign Up

Check out what group rides people are planning, or planning to attend! Questions you have BEFORE the ride takes place should go in here.

Moderator: Moderators

OU812
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Post by OU812 »

I am picking up an 02' K1200LT this Saturday. Am I still welcome? :cry: I may truck the R down, if it is still around. :wink:
RIDE TOO PRETEND, PRETEND TOO RIDE. :)
89 Oldwing, 07 WR250R, 14 KX250F
RBrider
Basic User

Post by RBrider »

OU812

Are you gonna truck the 1150R in the back of the LT? :lol:

I say come on down, I'm sure Gypsy won't mind if you ride the couch, rather than a nice light, slick handling neckid bike like most everybody else.

RB
OU812
Lifer

Post by OU812 »

I will call it 'The recliner". :lol:
wncbmw
Lifer

Post by wncbmw »

Since I can't go, maybe my opinion doesn't count but at any other event we have had, everyone is welcome, even someone on a the K1200 Light Truck! :lol:
'02 in black - the real BMW color! (Now gone to a new home)
Vann - Lifer No. 295
machew01
Quadruple Lifer
Donating Member #: 345

Post by machew01 »

wncbmw,
Your opinion always counts. At the Bash in Marlinton, there was a customized Honda cruiser, a K1200RS, and a Honda 919. Everyone truly is welcome. Heck, we've even been known to let girls come.

mac
OU812
Lifer

Post by OU812 »

Girls good. :wink: :lol:
mad1150
Basic User
Donating Member #: 522

Post by mad1150 »

The power of:

"Do something good for others - and it will come back to you three fold"

I was pretty down after being pressured & stressed at work, and then canceling the AR ride on top of it. But got the advice above and eventually got around to thank a bunch of people who have been helping me. (My wife and son included)

Since then my simple thank yous have resulted in:

1) Giving inspiration to a friend to complete a job in a special way.
2) My wife finding a way to get the funds to reschedule AR, and get some badly needed repairs done on our "6-Car" garage. (6-Car - is another story)
3) Still waiting ?

I called Joan, and she had 2 rooms left, so we are back in! :D :D :D

We will be riding down, meeting up with OU812 on his "Recliner" somewhere, so he can act as a wind break for us the rest of the way :P

Yes, it could all be coincidence, but I choose to believe otherwise!

See you all in Ozark!
Mark - Member 522

04 R1150R (Silver)
Boxer
Lifer
Donating Member #: 2

Post by Boxer »

That's good news Mark. Don't forget your Marlinton Bash tee shirt. If you wear it, and tell 10 others, you WILL have good luck.

I'm now waiting to hear from Vann that he's back in... :P
boxermania
Quadruple Lifer
Donating Member #: 312

Post by boxermania »

Steak.....who mentioned steak......and those Indian Summer colors.

I've just had a change of venue and decided to join such elite group of attendees. Some of the regular crowd I haven't seen in two years, since BBII, looking forward to see old and new faces. Buddy B from BBII will also be coming along.

Van, I'm sorry that you won't make it.....however there are always options, trailer the bike and bring your son along....what a better way to bond.

Gypsy RR......did I hear you were going to teach a how to cook breakfact class in exchange for some mechanical training? I need training in photography......

CycleRob....can I be your boy Friday....errr....mechanical assistant?

MikeCam......I hope you bring another riding suit other than the Bumble Bee.

Boxer.....bring some Java.....looking forward to meet your better half....she has to be an angel.

Mark.....you have no excuses not to come....you sissy....bike dropper....

mad1150......I'm glad you finally found a way to come clear....great and welcome.

OK, so we have just under 2 weeks left.......all of you roaches, night crawlers and other critters come on down and join us...... :roll: :roll:
Member #312
06 Suzuki Burgman 650 "state of flux"
79 CBX
Boxer
Lifer

Post by Boxer »

Al, you just will never know how joyful this news is. Man, I'm glad you can make it, with or without a bike. If Sparky gets tired of riding, you can borrow hers.

I think we may be able to find some coffee in Ozark, but I don't have those boots anymore. I finally gave them a decent send off to the landfill where they probably belonged 20 years ago.
Biff's R
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 289

Post by Biff's R »

Great to see oyu guys(Al and mad1150) are able to go. I am looking forward and crossing my fingers that something does not go to poo at work. Real busy right now.
Jeff (lifer #289)
'17 F800GSA
'04 R1150R
There ain't no education in the second kick of a mule!
boxermania
Quadruple Lifer

Post by boxermania »

Biff's R....stay focused....you can make it happen.....opportunities come and go, we must grab one now and again. Hope to see you there.... 8)
Member #312
79 CBX
CycleRob
Honorary Lifer
Donating Member #: 1

Post by CycleRob »

boxermania
You're more than my mechanical assistant, you're my substitute when I'm Off-Line. There's just one thing though . . . . if you start removing BBAS's at the Bash for cleaning, I might have to smack your fingers with a 10mm combination wrench!

About going to the Bash, I'm also glad you finally came to your senses. I knew you had it in you . . . . . and the group is really going to be surprised and well rewarded with what is planned.

I still have to put my GS HandGuards on, wax it and custom hard mount to the fuel tank the new Garmin Zumo450. The Brittish female voice guidance is really nice and it can show JPG's while playing MP3's. As always while riding, the only tunes I listen to are generated by the R259 engine.
`09 F800ST

Member since Sept 10, 2001

"Talent, On Loan, From God" --Rush Limbaugh--
boxermania
Quadruple Lifer

Post by boxermania »

Darn CycleRob......but they were dirty!!!!! Regarding the combo wrench, I prefer Proto over Snap-On, turned on it's edge..........

Well as you know I started a thread a while back to gather some of the Middle South posters, unfortunately, I had to bow out. However it was a blessing in disguise when Gypsy RR picked up the hole shebang and ran with it.....and she has done a great job.

Most recently, comitments slipped and I jumped at the window of opportunity that materialized. Looking forward to the gathering and the colors.

Errr....are you still 135 pounds wet and bearded, or has Miss Ann fatten you up a bit..... :lol: :lol:
Member #312
79 CBX
Biff's R
Double Lifer

Post by Biff's R »

Rob,
I am still waiting to recieve my GS handguards. I ordered them at the end of September(27th). That and an Alaska leather Sheepskin buttpad, and I will be ready to go.
Jeff (lifer #289)
'17 F800GSA
'04 R1150R
Boxer
Lifer

Post by Boxer »

GUYS! Don't forget to bring something that you don't need anymore, but someone else might need.....Fer'instance, I have a book by Gregory Frazier that I've read already. I don't need to keep it. It'll make a nice door prize gift item for Sat. night's soire. I also have a Clymer repair manual that goes up as a prize. You unnerstand? BRING SOMETHING!

If it's too big to bring on the bike. Ship it to the motel. This has worked in the past and adds an extra dimension of entertainment at the dinner.

Over and out. :roll:
boxermania
Quadruple Lifer

Post by boxermania »

Boxer....nice reminder......I already have my goodies.....

However, need I remind you that there will also be GALS in attendance and your post didn't address that little fact......MEN, what can I say..... they only care about tools and things that make noise...... :lol:
Member #312
79 CBX
mcooperstein

Post by mcooperstein »

Arrrrrrrgh!!! I think I'm going to stay away from this thread for a couple weeks...
CycleRob
Honorary Lifer
Donating Member #: 1

Post by CycleRob »

boxermania,
I've gained maybe 4 lbs since we last met at Bash2. All the way up to 152 and I outweigh her by 27.

Biff's R, Today I put my GS HandGuards on in 12 minutes. I reassembled them loosely after the pre-Summer removal to make it easy to see where the parts go for the Fall season reinstall. The main tip for a clean, NO-trim install is you have to cut off the small aluminum lug that stops the clutch banjo fitting from rotating "tighter". It's only there for easy factory/owner assembly. Use a hacksaw from underneath before you slightly loosen the banjo bolt. Once it's cut out of the way you can loosen & rotate the line down & to the rear (in the "tighten" direction). That will allow EVERYTHING to neatly fit inside the yoke of the HandGuard. Same for the brake side except you won't have to cut the lug off because the line rotates in the "loosen" direction. It ends up looking neat and clean just like a factory install. The first time you'll need pointers, plus, if they're loosened and separated it's a cluster f*** of parts that that can be annoying unless each bolt/bracket/nut goes exactly where it belongs. The problems arise if you try to install things upside-down, flipped or backwards. Start the bolts that clamp the handlebar 1st, then stretch the outboard end over the bar-end weight and tighten everything with a T-30 TORX and 5mm Allen. E-Mail me your home phone if you need a real time tour guide. If you don't want the hassle, just bring them to the Bash . . . . I'll have everything needed to put'm on. It would make a good mini-micro tech session.

One thing that happens at every Bash is that riders come without enough warm riding gear. That's because our Bashes are always in/near/up in the mountains where it can and usually is 10---15 degrees F colder. I'm ready with my ski overpants, Sidi boots, Widder Vest and L-J's. Let's ride!
`09 F800ST

Member since Sept 10, 2001

"Talent, On Loan, From God" --Rush Limbaugh--
Biff's R
Double Lifer

Post by Biff's R »

Rob,
I had the handguards on my old red roadster, and was able to put them on without any cutting.
Jeff (lifer #289)
'17 F800GSA
'04 R1150R