2007 RA Rally

Check out what group rides people are planning, or planning to attend! Questions you have BEFORE the ride takes place should go in here.

Moderator: Moderators

wncbmw
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Post by wncbmw »

Before everyone heads out for the RA rally, one word of caution. The Rangers on the Blue Ridge Parkway frown on speeding. As you might expect! But there has been some blatant excesses by some of our two-wheeled brothers that have caused extra attention to be paid to us!

Note also, there is a long straightaway on the BRP right at the nearest entry point from the rally (at Highway 25) where I have seen one ranger in a ghili suit (like snipers wear) in the trees with a radar gun and another out of sight in the car waiting for speeders! Resist the temptations to blast down this stretch or pass those 5 cars you have been following or you might find yourself with a big fine!

Ride safe and hope to see everyone that shows up.
'02 in black - the real BMW color! (Now gone to a new home)
Vann - Lifer No. 295
wncbmw
Lifer

Post by wncbmw »

One more thought before everyone hits the road! How about a group meal Friday night, so the ones that come in during the day can join those riding together Friday!?! How about BBQ at Fat Buddies (the one in Asheville, not the one in Frankin from Bash I!)?

From the rally site at Biltmore get on I-40 East and get off exit 53B (about 3 miles), then almost immediately exit off Exit 8 of I-240. Straight through the light at the exit and Fat Buddies is diagonally across the shopping center entrance road from McDonalds!

From downtown Asheville, it is exit 8 off I-240, left across the Interstate, left into the shopping center and still diagonally across from Mickey D's. Can't miss it!

Let's say 6:30 for dinner! If you are interested, chime in and if there are a bunch, I can call for them to set up a big table for us. Hope to see you there!
Vann - Lifer No. 295
DSKYZD
Lifer
Donating Member #: 187

Post by DSKYZD »

ChImE!!!

and one for Chris:

cHiMe!!!
JOURNEY JUNKIE #187
DSKYZD
Lifer
Donating Member #: 187

Post by DSKYZD »

By the time most of you read this, I'll be gone.

8:30am EDT departure. T-minus 65 minutes.
JOURNEY JUNKIE #187
Boxer
Lifer
Donating Member #: 2

Post by Boxer »

FYI. If you pull up the location of Fat Buddies on Mapquest, it puts the star on the wrong side of 240. Follow Vann's directions. Fat Buddies web site has a small map that also shows correct location (not the Mapquest map!).
wncbmw
Lifer

Post by wncbmw »

If in doubt - look for the Golden Arches! Then you are in sight! :lol:
Vann - Lifer No. 295
wncbmw
Lifer

Post by wncbmw »

The rally is over and some of the board brethern (and their lovely wives) managed to do some riding, share some meals, tour the Biltmore Estate and enjoy the company! Hope everyone makes it home OK! I managed the 10-minute ride home without incident! :wink:
Vann - Lifer No. 295
cworley5150
Basic User

Post by cworley5150 »

Brian and I made it home OK. We took a more direct route home than we did going down. Made it back in about 6 hours. Only stopped once for gas. Needlesss to say, my arse was getting a little sore.

Great meeting some of the top notch folks on the board. Had a great time.

Chris
No matter where you go, there you are.

Boxers Rule! Umm. . . the bikes, not the underwear.