Mid-West Ride - First annual :-)

Check out what group rides people are planning, or planning to attend! Questions you have BEFORE the ride takes place should go in here.

Moderator: Moderators

marousek
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Numbers growing.....

Post by marousek »

Yes! You MUST go! :-)

Let me know ASAP. I will add a room. We can figure out exact room arrangements when we get there. But for now they are:

The hotel has 4 full room. We have all 4 booked. One for Steve, One for Mark and crew and one for Jen (friend of mine from Madison.) The fourth is also reserved and I can take that one. I am also reserving another hotel room, but that one will have to be the bare "old school" room they have. Friend of Steve's will use one of the two. I am happy to take the "old school" one and leave the full room for someone in need of more amenities. I can reserve another room for you dear Iowa Beakster......) And then my friend Kyle will likely crash in one as well. That is the crew so far with two people still on the tentative list.

Jiri
iowabeakster
Quadruple Lifer

Post by iowabeakster »

You are NOT HELPING (yes you are!)

well, the first of seven big tax checks cleared today (April sucks). i knew i should have not paid in full and on time! Within the next week, i should either be feeling a whole bunch better or a whole lot more strapped.

Right now, some new boots may be all I can do to keep my motorcycle motivation in play. Dreams of long tours keep me working! Nice trips WILL come later (still hoping for sooner :P ).

keep me in the doubtful pile, with a slightly increasing probablility of making it!
:D
I was dreaming when I wrote this, forgive me if it goes astray...
mad1150
Basic User
Donating Member #: 522

Post by mad1150 »

Plan Change: (and correct me if I'm wrong marousek)

1. Friday - meet at Madison, - ride to Spring Green - Prairie Du Chien - La Crosse (Staying that evening in http://www.trempealeauhotel.com/accomodations.asp.)

2. Decide Fri evening at dinner on Sat's ride. (if Cold, ride in the Mid WI area and stay 2nd night in Tremp., if warm go North, & FWIW: it's looking cool, mid-60's at La Crosse, as of today)

3. Sunday morning breakfast - loose plan for next ride :D Head Home

Also, I got word from my cousin Bob, who may join us for dinner Fri night, that the Tremp. Inn has EXCELLENT food. A lot of people from La Crosse head up there to eat out. And, there's another place about a mile up the river, called Sullivan's, that's also great!
Mark - Member 522

04 R1150R (Silver)
OU812
Lifer

Post by OU812 »

I say we chip in and get Mark a heated body suit. He is always worried about the cold. :P :lol:
RIDE TOO PRETEND, PRETEND TOO RIDE. :)
89 Oldwing, 07 WR250R, 14 KX250F
Ves
Basic User

Post by Ves »

Seeing as I just got my Rockster from the rebuilder yesterday I decided to seriously consider this trip, cause it's either this trip or a track day this month... Well, based on this analysis... I will be over budget for the month no matter what I do. And the odds of me doing nothing this month are zero and none... the wife is backing me on this... So, based on the increased chance of smelling cow manure and being covered with bugs... Count me in for the trip.

Since I'm coming into this way late, I'll make my own sleeping arrangements. See you folks there... marousek I'll PM you with my contact information.

OK, now I need to go out and take decent length ride on that bike so I can see if there's any bugs left in it.
Ves (AKA Boy,Sledge, and Cheap Bastid)
Ves
Basic User

Re: Numbers growing.....

Post by Ves »

marousek wrote:Yes! You MUST go! :-)

Let me know ASAP. I will add a room. We can figure out exact room arrangements when we get there. But for now they are:

The hotel has 4 full room. We have all 4 booked. One for Steve, One for Mark and crew and one for Jen (friend of mine from Madison.) The fourth is also reserved and I can take that one. I am also reserving another hotel room, but that one will have to be the bare "old school" room they have. Friend of Steve's will use one of the two. I am happy to take the "old school" one and leave the full room for someone in need of more amenities. I can reserve another room for you dear Iowa Beakster......) And then my friend Kyle will likely crash in one as well. That is the crew so far with two people still on the tentative list.

Jiri
Jiri,

Talk to me. I'm trying to confirm if you still have a reserved room available or not. I left a message on your answering machine. Thanks.
OU812
Lifer

Post by OU812 »

Ves, i don't think I can PouMd him any more! :lol:
Ves
Basic User

Post by Ves »

Are we ready? Is it Friday yet?

Well, I'm even more ready than I was. I've got most of the stuff packed in my tank bag and saddle bag, just need to stick the last of it in on Friday morning. I'm going to be at my daughters last 8th grade chorus thing tomorrow night, so had to get most of it done tonight.

Hey, who order this cold ass rainy weather! Better be gone by this weekend.. [-o<

So, who's the official trip photographer? I'm bringing a camera, but it's just one of those pocket things, no high res digital stuff.
iowabeakster
Quadruple Lifer

Post by iowabeakster »

It looks like your prayer's have been answered. Weatherman says it looks beautiful.

Good travels to you all.

can somebody explain why I thought self-employment was going to INCREASE my riding time? on second thought don't answer that, i already know.

dumb
dumb
dumb
I was dreaming when I wrote this, forgive me if it goes astray...
GypsyRR
Centurionette!
Donating Member #: 254

Post by GypsyRR »

Good luck to you guys. Have fun and be careful. Please - lots of photos and stories, and a report that everyone returns home safely!
Kristi
05 Granite Grey
OU812
Lifer

Post by OU812 »

Thanks Gypsy, and Ves, I will bring my dinosaur camera. :-({|=
Ves
Basic User

Post by Ves »

Thanks Gyps.

Steve, if you're going to be taking pictures, you have to slow down long enough to see something... :roll: :lol:

And this time if Mark and Vicky split up, I'm staying with Vicky... Mark, you listening? :wink:
Ves
Basic User

Post by Ves »

iowabeakster wrote:It looks like your prayer's have been answered. Weatherman says it looks beautiful.

Good travels to you all.

can somebody explain why I thought self-employment was going to INCREASE my riding time? on second thought don't answer that, i already know.

dumb
dumb
dumb
Look at the bright side. You'll earn big bucks, retire early, and then ride any time you want... right?
mad1150
Basic User
Donating Member #: 522

Post by mad1150 »

Gypsy: Thank you!

Iowa: Don't worry some of us will be your way more than once this year!

Vez: OK I deserve that - but just because you didn't have time for Ice Cream like OU812 ... jeez! :P

OU812: I'm bringing my dinosaur camera too, but we have to remember to stop at scenic areas to take pictures...a group pic at the Tremp. is a must!
Mark - Member 522

04 R1150R (Silver)
OU812
Lifer

Post by OU812 »

Sounds good to me! :smt040
Sportstergirl
Basic User

Post by Sportstergirl »

Hello you bunch of Hooligan's.
It was great ridding w/ ya'll this weekend. I'm gald my sporty could keep up for the most part.

Cheese-n-Rice, some of the curves I was not ready for.

I gave Mad a CD of pictures so we should be seeing more soon.

I'm over to KS this weekend. I'll let you know how many miles the bike has when I get back.

oh and jiri :smt097 (kiddin' luv ya)
Life is what we make of it, always has been, always will be