On the road again.......

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1200R.

Moderator: Moderators

towerworker
Lifer
Donating Member #: 575

On the road again.......

Post by towerworker »

I hope I don't invoke Doug's ire for posting this twice but I reckon since I've been out of circulation for the past 3 years most of the 1150 owners I once rubbed shoulders with have mostly traded up to the 1200. So please bear with me:

Actually this is the 2nd time I've ridden since 5/17/2010, I rode my R home from a church event about 2 months ago. It was only about 12 miles. But it sure felt good.

Today I guess I rode somewhere around 120 miles just kinda farting around. But one thing I had to do was keep a promise I made to all the OT's and PT's at my local hospital Augusta Health Service. The therapy dept is on the ground floor which is almost the basement since the landscape changes around the hospital. The main entrance is up one floor and you take the elevator down one floor to get to Rehab. By the way there are two more fellas in rehab with my illness (GBS). One is a HD technician. This illness hits one in 100,000 people. In 2010 I promised them in rehab I one day was going to ride my bike right up to the outside doors to Rehab. It would involve jumping the curb and riding across the hospital grounds and down the landscaped hill (thru the flower beds) to their door.

So today I did just that and pulled right up to the door just like I promised near 3 years ago. (Hugged a lot of pretty girls too!) I couldn't stay long as security was on their way to see who the jackass was riding a motorcycle on the hospital lawn. I wasn't too worried as even when I was in a wheelchair I could outrun those fellas. They been eatin' too many donuts.
The Older I Get, The Less I know. (in honor of MikeCam
'05 RT
'04 R
'03 R
CB750
KZ750
HD 350 Sprint
dbrick
Lifer
Donating Member #: 902

Re: On the road again.......

Post by dbrick »

You're doing great, and you can have donuts too, if you want.
Glad you're still riding!
David Brick
Santa Cruz CA
2007 R1200R
priors: R50, R50, R69, R69S, R65, FJ1200, K75S, R1100RSL
Dr. Strangelove
Double Lifer

Post by Dr. Strangelove »

congrats, Wayne...long time comin'
'09 Schwarze Blanche DuBois
Well, don't do that-Hippocrates
SF_Hooligan
Lifer

Post by SF_Hooligan »

Awesome. This story warms my black li'l heart. :mrgreen:
uncle BS
Basic User

Post by uncle BS »

congrats-- you cant keep a good biker down....
Steve H.
Basic User

Post by Steve H. »

Best wishes Wayne!
None of us getingt younger ,just older.
Keep on going.Ride it enjoy it.That is all abouth.

Steve H.