Re: Paint protector/cleaner/polisher
Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:02 pm
Did you think I was kidding. Just keep doing what you've been doing.mogu83 wrote:Car cleaning threads are worse than oil threads everyone has an opinion.
Welcome to r1150r.net, your largest online source for all things R-R!
https://www.r1150r.org/board/
Did you think I was kidding. Just keep doing what you've been doing.mogu83 wrote:Car cleaning threads are worse than oil threads everyone has an opinion.
Actually - I'd disagree on several points:bluebeemerII wrote:Another never, never, never use dish washing detergent or shampoo to wash cars or bikes. Both those products are formulated to remove oils and grease. Paint is a petroleum based product so you are sucking essential components out of the finish on your bike. Regular goat skin chamois remove wax from the paint surface. I only use microfiber towels to dry the bike (wish I had a blower, maybe Santa will bring one). Not all microfiber is created equal look for the softest. Walmart has a large microfiber (2' x 4') that is very soft and Sam's Club and Costco have soft smaller ones. S100 is also a dangerous substance. On the "Airhead" BMWs if you spray S100 on the Model designation plate on the sides of the motor it will remove the black paint lowering the value of the bike.
John L.