Page 1 of 1
Rick Mayer seat for the R1200R
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 6:35 am
by DRothermel
Just an FYI. I traded in my R last week on a new RT. My Mayer seat had a build date of 5/15/07. I would expect that within a week or so I should be seeing it. Needless to say, I no longer have a use for it. Construction was what Rick calls a "modified solo." The drivers half done in his traditional bucket style and the rear modified with some replacement of the OE foam with a small dip in the middle to keep the passenger more planted and comfortable. The entire seat is done in leather and a rain cover is also included. I haven't settled on a price as yet, but don't expect to steal it. With the seat and rain cover, I have $570.00 invested. I will post pics when it gets back to me. PM me if you have an interest.
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 4:52 pm
by celticus
Richard , I PMed you.
Mark
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 6:07 pm
by schnittlich
PM sent...
brett
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:25 am
by TWI
Post pics. You may have enough interest for an auction.
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:06 pm
by celticus
Guys, The very gracious Drothermel sold me his Rick Meyer seat. I have only had the chance to take it for a small ride. What I can tell so far is I like the shape of the seat , I like the lack of "stickiness" of the new seat, and I like so far the feel of the foam the thing is stuffed with. It is covered with leather. This is a new thing for me. I'll have to get a cover I guess. Wednesday the 4th I'll have a chance to ride it farther and I'll get back to you then.
Mark

tank protector
Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:08 pm
by r1200r
celticus where did you get that tank protector? Thanks.
scott
Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:16 pm
by celticus
I bought them from Don Eilenberger from this list.
Mark
Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:01 pm
by r1200r
Thanks Mark! Hi Don Eilenberger do have any more of the tank protectors. Thanks.
scott
Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:32 am
by deilenberger
r1200r wrote:Thanks Mark! Hi Don Eilenberger do have any more of the tank protectors. Thanks.
scott
Nope. I bought them on Ebay for my R1150RS - they actually look quite nice on the Roadster.. go figure. Didn't think of that..
Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:46 am
by celticus
Anyone need a pair of GS1150 Handguards?
Mark
Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:03 pm
by celticus
I just got back and my new seat is alright=a-roony, lite- a-roony, tight-a-roony. I made my way into AND out of the infinitesimal monstrous soaky southern all night sled ride without so much as a whiff of a smell of a bad below the belt feeling using the new Rick Myers product. Yass Yass.
Can you tell that I have been reading Jack Kerouac?
Much better than stock. The new seat is great.
Mark
Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:38 am
by DRothermel
Mark: Glad to hear that the new seat is working out fine for you Mark!
Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:39 pm
by celticus
Yep , Richard , I love it. Now I'm looking for a cover.
Mark