Page 1 of 1
Reflectors on system cases
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:15 pm
by Karamazov
I've noticed in some pictures, the system cases have a bmw logo where the reflectors are on mine (apparently it depends on which country you live in.)
I hate reflectors. Does anybody know of an online vendor that has the logo'd ones?
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:57 am
by Caol
My dealer tried to order the reflectors but got sent the logo's. Apparently the part numbers are only one digit different. Your dealer should be able to get the "official" ones. I don't recall seeing anything on-line, but then again I wasn't looking for them either!
Kyle
Re: Reflectors on system cases
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 8:14 am
by cruiser
Karamazov wrote:I've noticed in some pictures, the system cases have a bmw logo where the reflectors are on mine (apparently it depends on which country you live in.)
I hate reflectors. Does anybody know of an online vendor that has the logo'd ones?
Isn't it a legal requirement in the States? - although maybe not in every State. I notice you guys also have reflectors on the fork legs... in Europe we have neither, at least not in the UK and Germany. I agree, the BMW Touring logo on the cases looks better but, on the other hand, US spec bikes are more conspicuous

Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:17 am
by DRothermel
When I ordered my bags for my R, they came with both a set of reflectors and a set of the BMW logo inserts. My new RT came with the reflectors. I have the BMW inserts ordered from my dealer.
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:46 am
by Karamazov
Thanks guys, I'm picking her up from the 600 mile service today, I'll check with the dealer. I'm really not the kind of guy who needs to have "BMW" stamped on everything, but since the reflectors can't just be peeled off without leaving an imprint, I'd prefer to have something a little nicer gracing the bags.
Get to rev her over 4K today! Yahoo!
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:48 am
by mogu83
Here's the part number: 46547681107
Looks like they cost $14.00 each.
In the states we're required to have reflectors on the sides of our bikes because it gives the cage drivers a better target .
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 1:10 pm
by Karamazov
...it gives the cage drivers a better target .
lol. they outta make red and white roundels.
thanks for the part#.
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:10 am
by ka5ysy
any photos?