Page 1 of 1

Black & Tan 1150R

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:58 am
by allanj255
I have obtained a tan seat for my R. What do you think - all Black or Black & Tan?
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Re: Black & Tan 1150R

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:32 pm
by MikeCam
I like the black and tan including the rear seat. It is unique and tasteful.

Re: Black & Tan 1150R

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:53 pm
by jfslater98
+1

"Mmmm, ale and porter"

Re: Black & Tan 1150R

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:17 pm
by OU812
+ 2. The Tan seats really offset with the Black and looks GREAT! =D> :D

Re: Black & Tan 1150R

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:18 pm
by Beemeridian
43

Re: Black & Tan 1150R

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:41 pm
by boxermania
Black and Tan looks good.....I don't believe the seat will wear well.

I will offer a suggestion, use theblack seat and paint your oil covers BMW grey like sshallen did on his bike. I also like your single nut rear wheel mock-up.....very nice. 8)

Re: Black & Tan 1150R

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:04 pm
by msut01
I have a silver bike/tan seat imported from Abu Dabi, the old owner said most BMs over there were fitted with a tan seat to keep them cool when parked in the sun. I have considered part exchanging for a new F800GS and most dealers asked why I had recovered it tan, I was offered £100 more if I converted it back to Black.
I located a new set of seats on E-Bay and cannot decide which looks best. The black probably, the tan shows every mark and wet black leather jeans make it look very grubby.

Re: Black & Tan 1150R

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:33 pm
by DJ Downunder
Very nice...I like it.

DJ

Re: Black & Tan 1150R

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:34 am
by allanj255
Thanks for positive comments guys. I have treated the seat with a wipe on protector so this should keep marking to a minimum. I will tend to use the tan seat in the summer so it should avoid most of the bad, dirty roads/weather and use the black then. One good thing is that I have got 2 different looking bikes for the price of a second hand seat :)

Re: Black & Tan 1150R

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:39 pm
by mnnden
I have always like the Tan seat, I think it looks very nice, often thought of getting one, I have heard it makes the black even faster!!! Den

Re: Black & Tan 1150R

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:57 pm
by allanj255
mnnden wrote:I have always like the Tan seat, I think it looks very nice, often thought of getting one, I have heard it makes the black even faster!!! Den
Nice one Den - I have changed my tag line :lol:

Re: Black & Tan 1150R

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:33 am
by ROBOX
Looks good. Where did you get it. I have a the black and bronze roxster it may look good on that. I see you have a Remus can. Is it just a slip on and does it sound better the the orig rubbish BMW put on.

Re: Black & Tan 1150R

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:34 am
by ROBOX
By the way how do you upload your pics ? :!:

Re: Black & Tan 1150R

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:02 pm
by digga
ROBOX wrote:By the way how do you upload your pics ? :!:
get yourself an account at one of the free hosting sites.. putfile, picassa etc

when you have uploaded your piccies on one of those a code will be shown next to your piccy for use on forums click on the copy button. then go back to your web forum message and if you look above the box there is a 'tag button marked IMG
click on that button and then Ctrl V which will paste the code from the host site..
now you will note that the IMG tag has changed to /IMG click this button. that will now 'trap' your picture code between two html tags :lol: :lol:

if you have done this correctly and i've typed it right you should have a pic in your posting!
obviously you will need to do this multiple times for multiple pics :lol: :lol:

Re: Black & Tan 1150R

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:08 pm
by allanj255
ROBOX wrote:Looks good. Where did you get it. I have a the black and bronze roxster it may look good on that. I see you have a Remus can. Is it just a slip on and does it sound better the the orig rubbish BMW put on.
Hi Robox, got seat off Ebay also got the Remus from there, both bargins.
The end can is a slip on with removable baffle. Not very load but does have a nice note, also a lot lighter than the BMW lump
Image
Image

Re: Black & Tan 1150R

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:59 pm
by fj_pastor
You have been lucky !!!!

I have been trying to find several items on ebay and so far not found any of them.

Regards