Page 1 of 1

Where to buy parts?

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:52 pm
by azellner
Hi all, I just bought a 2002 R1150R that needs a little work, all cosmetic. My top two need right now are replacement pegs (driver and passenger) and turn signals. Any suggestions on where to look other than the dealer? They can be stock, new or used or aftermarket, but nothing to far from OEM.

Thanks

Re: Where to buy parts?

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:35 pm
by johnnyjs1
bikebandit.com or chicago bmw(20% off)

Re: Where to buy parts?

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:07 pm
by jeremell
I have a stock cat. conv./collector and exhaust for a 2002 R1150R for sale. It was used less than 2000 miles. $75 plus shipping from WI. Please contact me if you are interested.

Re: Where to buy parts?

Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:53 am
by azellner
Am I missing something, or is there not a way to find parts on the chicago BMW site without the part number? I need a couple footpegs and a couple turn signals, as well as maintenance items, oil filter, air filter, and atl. belt. Do I need to actually call them on the phone? That just defeats the convince of online shopping 8) I was able on find the pegs and lights on bike bandit, but not belt and filters. I'd like to just make one order, save on shipping if the costs are similar.

Re: Where to buy parts?

Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:10 pm
by Biff's R
go to Maxbmwmotorcycles.com to get parts #.

I do not recommend Chicago, since I was charged $11 more than I was quoted, and it took 5 weeks for delivery. The delivery was not as much of a problem, as the fact that they charged about 20% more than they quoted at the time of order. A phone call, or email would have been appropriate if there was a price change.

Re: Where to buy parts?

Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:07 pm
by Lost Rider
+1 Chicago BMW. :smt023
They have always treated me great, had great prices, and were timely in getting me my parts. 20% off is good...... picking up a phone and talking to a very experienced part manager to make sure you get the right part doesn't seem to be much of a hassle to me... to each his own I guess

BTW, it's really only 2 guys doing all the parts at Chicago BMW. They don't call anyone back if there's a delay or change, as far as I know. You have to call them...
20% off OEM BMW parts comes at a small price I guess. Still worth it for me.

Re: Where to buy parts?

Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:49 pm
by Biff's R
If I were to quote someone a price, and then change the price when the material shipped, I would get calls from the Better Business Bureau. It is about keeping your word. I would understand if there was a problem, and I was contacted before anything shipped. But to look at the receipt in the box and see that it is different than the one that their website generated is unacceptabble [-X .

Re: Where to buy parts?

Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:32 pm
by OU812
Chicago can be s l o w.

Re: Where to buy parts?

Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:17 am
by Airman
Biff's R wrote:If I were to quote someone a price, and then change the price when the material shipped, I would get calls from the Better Business Bureau. It is about keeping your word. I would understand if there was a problem, and I was contacted before anything shipped. But to look at the receipt in the box and see that it is different than the one that their website generated is unacceptabble [-X .
This wasn't a shipping charge was it ? I just made an order with Chicago and noticed they will charge you $10 more for a second box. For example, when I ordered my system cases from them they charged me $20 for the order. Two boxs to ship it all. I've never heard of Chicago BMW doing what you discribe, and I've seen a lot of recommendations for them.

Re: Where to buy parts?

Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:24 pm
by Biff's R
No Airman, it was not a second shipping charge. Everything was in 1 box.