Page 1 of 1

My new ride!

Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:23 am
by hass
A few weeks ago I sold my R1200R to buy a Honda CB1000R, it has finally arrived!
Image
Image

Re: My new ride!

Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:15 am
by MikeCam
Very nice! Congratulations. Enjoy.

Re: My new ride!

Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:16 am
by Ves
Wow, that's a Honda? Looks almost like a Benelli. We don't get that model here in the US.

So, what made you sell the BMW, I'm curious because I'm now going to be in the market for a new bike. Just going for more horsepower?

Re: My new ride!

Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:49 am
by owldaddy
Awesome looking machine, I bet your gonna have fun with that.
Don

Re: My new ride!

Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:12 pm
by hass
Ves wrote:Wow, that's a Honda? Looks almost like a Benelli. We don't get that model here in the US.

So, what made you sell the BMW, I'm curious because I'm now going to be in the market for a new bike. Just going for more horsepower?
It all started when I decided I absolutely had to have a Triumph Speed Triple. I was in love with the looks and irritated at the R12R's vibrations (my right foot and hand went numb alot) and lack of power. Plus, I bought the R12R so my wife could also ride but she didn't end up doing that very often so I thought I may as well have something more fun to ride solo.

A long (2 hours) test ride of the Speed Triple convinced me that while it was competent it wasn't for me (still had the numbness). So I went off and test rode the Yamaha FZ1N, the Yamaha MT01, the Ducati Multistrada, the BMW K12R, the BMW F800ST, and a couple of others I have forgotten, plus of course the Honda CB1000R. As soon as I got back from the test ride (40 mins) I knew I had to have one!

I have since ridden it two half days and absolutely love it!

Re: My new ride!

Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:19 pm
by WildBlue
It's absolutely goregous... minus that exhuast.

EDIT: CLose up shot of the dash in your avatar, please!

Re: My new ride!

Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:17 pm
by hass
WildBlue wrote:It's absolutely goregous... minus that exhuast.
EDIT: CLose up shot of the dash in your avatar, please!
You mean like this (Honda publicity shot)?
Image

Re: My new ride!

Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:43 pm
by Biff's R
What does H.I.S.S. stand for?

Re: My new ride!

Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:45 pm
by R4R&R
Hot looking bike, but the exhaust... #-o Too bad I'll never get to ride one (unless I go across the pond).

Re: My new ride!

Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:58 am
by hass
Biff's R wrote:What does H.I.S.S. stand for?
Honda Ignition Security System, simply put an immobilizer.

Re: My new ride!

Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:01 pm
by OU812
Sharp looking rocket! =D>

Re: My new ride!

Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:44 pm
by CycleRob
More Info with a 2 page report HERE

Re: My new ride!

Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:42 am
by hass
I put a set of Rizoma Radial Naked mirrors on it and a nice tailtidy with LED indicators. I also took the rear footpegs off. Now, all that's really lacking is a seat cowl (on order), a hugger (not available yet) and a set of LEDs for the front (I blew them whilst figuring out some stuff).
Image
Image
Image

Re: My new ride!

Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:20 am
by DJ Downunder
Very nice.. =D> ...I love it..Great pictures...Thanks for the pictures and ride safe.

DJ

Re: My new ride!

Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:48 pm
by Massimo
Very tasty, I have a RC51

Re: My new ride!

Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:54 am
by hass
Well. It's the start of another season. I have spent the winter months buying and fitting all kinds of bling to the bike (including; Pazzos, Rossocromo hugger & chainguard and an EZ x-ring chain, in blue of course).

Image
Image
Image

Re: My new ride!

Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:40 am
by Beaze
It never ceases to amaze me at how these companies think that we in the US wouldn't buy a bike like that... :?

Re: My new ride!

Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:43 pm
by bobw
Sweet motorcycle. +1 There are way too many models that the US won't see.

Haas, maybe you can test the new BMW 1000 and do a little comparison report VS your Honda.

Your mods look great!

Safe travels