Page 1 of 1

Dyna Beads, has anyone used them?

Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:40 pm
by Widetrack
Hi all, has anyone used Dyna Beads ceramic beads for motorcycle tire balancing? Neither of my wheels have any weights. I can't believe the tires are that well balanced. These beads sound interesting. Anyone using them?

http://www.innovativebalancing.com/

Enjoy the day

Re: Dyna Beads, has anyone used them?

Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:03 pm
by hirschg
I have been using them since last year. They work great been up over 90mph no problems I have recommended them to all my riding buddys I had them installed when I had the new tires mounnted last year at a local Honda dealer the parts guy said he has more BMW riders come to their shop to have dyna beads installed than any other type of bike.
Go for it
Jerry
2003 R1150R

Re: Dyna Beads, has anyone used them?

Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:12 am
by mogu83
I have a friend that has been using them for over a year and he says they work fine. I'm running RideOn in my tyres so putting the beads in is out of the question.

Re: Dyna Beads, has anyone used them?

Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:07 pm
by bobw
I've never used either. Does the RideOn cause a mess when changing tires? I always carry a puncture kit, but this could allow for 1 less thing to pack.

Cheers

Bob

Re: Dyna Beads, has anyone used them?

Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:50 pm
by mogu83
Don't want to steal the thread. I had a small nail in the rear and it was leaking, put in RideOn, pulled nail out and put another 5/6K on tire with no air loss. I figure for $10 a tire it's cheap insurance, I still carry a StopNGo plug kit. They (RideON) say the stuff helps to balance the tyre but I can't confirm that, and couldn't find anyplace on the net that would confirm that. It does stop leaks. Unlike Slime (Green Stuff) the RideOn seems to stay in place when the tire is removed.

Re: Dyna Beads, has anyone used them?

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:03 am
by deilenberger
bobw wrote:I've never used either. Does the RideOn cause a mess when changing tires? I always carry a puncture kit, but this could allow for 1 less thing to pack.

Cheers

Bob
No mess at all. I've helped change my tires - and all the "RideOn" goop was in a band about 2.5" wide right in the center of the tire carcass (where the center of the tread would be.) None at all on the rim, which impressed me. Apparently Slime(tm) is known for making a mess.

I now just figure it's SOP to put it in after getting a new tire. I had it seal a leak in my first rear tire on the R12R - and no fuss, no muss. I still carry a stringy-thingie puncture kit and an AirHawk compressor to invoke Eilenberger's Law - you'll never need what you have (I have used it on other people's tires..)

RideOn=Thumbs Up!

Re: Dyna Beads, has anyone used them?

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:35 pm
by parkec
How about a http://www.beadrider.com/ seat :D

Got it last week, and took it for a 390 mile test drive on sunday. My butt kinda hurtt by the time I got home, but then I was tired, and little dehydrated.

Re: Dyna Beads, has anyone used them?

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:45 pm
by bobw
Thx for the info. Sounds good.

Cheers

Bob