DSFL (First Annual) On the Spot

Check out what group rides people are planning, or planning to attend! Questions you have BEFORE the ride takes place should go in here.

Moderator: Moderators

MikeCam
Centurion Moderator!
Donating Member #: 100

DSFL (First Annual) On the Spot

Post by MikeCam »

Daryl,

I am putting you on the spot! Here are some excerpted posts from the thread about New York and Finger Lakes and the idea for an autumn Bash gathering. Strike while the glow of Harriman is fresh!

DATE: Sep 10-11-12 (Weekend AFTER Labor Day) 2010.

Concepts:
Lots of options...
small town 'urban' w/ walking access to food (& drink)
rural mom & pops w/ limited food access (grilling anyone?)
(I recommend rural mom & pops, as everyplace has 'urban' fare.)

Ride around Seneca, Cayuga, Keuka, Canandaigua, Skaneateles, Honeyoue, to see NY's finest Sate Parks & Waterfalls.

Invites:
Everyone is welcome, however most are connected in some way to an R1150R, past, present or future via friends, family or R1150R.net

Details:
format - ride there, hang around w/ people there (a little), sleep, eat, ride, repeat until Sunday morning, ride back
other - door prizes / drawings as donated by attendees; usually T-shirts, wine, MC goodies given out on Sat night, ideally a group dinner occurs prior to this

Comments:
It is my understanding that previous Bash's have only occurred as far north as Central PA (an actual hamlet), not to be confused w/ Centralia which is not far away. Scottybooj suggested that it would be possible to enlighten our friends from the South that there is much to be had in NY other than skyscrapers; i.e. sweet roads w/ not too much LEO presence. Between Lake Ontario & PA, east of I-390 & west of I-81 there's plenty. Good excuse for those of us living in the North to have some fun too.

I have to come up with a few rides around the Finger Lakes region this year, one is the all day "Ice Cream Ride". When all the shops have opened for the season I will plot that one and one around the big lakes. Adirondacks in the fall is as good as it gets...
The Older I Get, The Less I Know.
MikeCam
Centurion Moderator!

Re: DSFL (First Annual) On the Spot

Post by MikeCam »

east of I-390 & west of I-81

Rochester, Syracuse, Binghamton???? Right?

Adirondacks in the fall is as good as it gets

Utica, Plattsburg, Watertown?
chibbert
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 202

Post by chibbert »

I would definitely consider this. Especially if there's more of that good sweet 'girly' wine I like so much.
2004 R1150RS
wncbmw
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Post by wncbmw »

I don't know about the girly part, but it sure was good wine they brought to the Bash!
'02 in black - the real BMW color! (Now gone to a new home)
Vann - Lifer No. 295
touchton
Lifer

Post by touchton »

First of all I would like to go on record saying wine, by definition, is a 'girly' drink. I enjoyed the wine very much, but I also must say any 'girly' side of me is a lesbian.

Now regarding DSFL; I like the idea of a ride to the Finger Lakes area. But, fall is football time. Particularly on the weekends. If we could do the ride say, Tuesday through Friday, I would certainly be there. But I really have separation anxiety from my TV on the weekends.
MikeCam
Centurion Moderator!

Post by MikeCam »

Get Tennessee to schedule Syracuse.
touchton
Lifer

Post by touchton »

Boring........ Did it in 2001 and it resulted in another ass whipping for a yankee football team (33-9).
chibbert
Double Lifer

Post by chibbert »

I wasn't knocking the wine - not at all. I think I said at the bash "I like sweet wine" and Gabriella said "You like girly wine"

Honestly - I like 'girly' everything
2004 R1150RS
Daryl_stamp
Lifer

Post by Daryl_stamp »

DSFL is on!
MLW & I will be stopping in at local mom & pop hotels over the next week to confirm room / food / drink.
Touchton; we've got TV's up here too; cable came in a while back along w/ satellite but most of us spend our time doing other things.

The hotels we have targeted are only a few miles north of Watkins Glen; if your a race fan you may be familiar with it.

We have local beer here; three within an hours ride (Wagner's Winery has a brewery now, Two Brothers near Geneva and one in Watkins Glen).

The Fingerlakes BMW Rally is the weekend of Labor Day; if you are so inclined you might like that also, but it is a much larger event. Frankly I like the scale and scope of the Bash's that I've been too more than a rally, but I've been told that as far as local rallys go, this one is it.

FYI; the GSA made it back from TN with gusto, even in 2.5 days of steady rain. Monster horn saved us on interstate and on some backroads.

DLS
Dr. Strangelove
Double Lifer

Post by Dr. Strangelove »

Is football played in Tennessee? That's soccer, isn't it?

American football? really?
'09 Schwarze Blanche DuBois
Well, don't do that-Hippocrates
chibbert
Double Lifer

Post by chibbert »

This location sounds like a good distance to me - only about 40 or 50 miles further than Harriman from my home.
Jeff - you in?
2004 R1150RS
Daryl_stamp
Lifer

Post by Daryl_stamp »

The ride from Central Ohio could be really sweet back roads (20A once you get into NY) OR boring (but fast) interstate.

DLS
OU812
Lifer

Post by OU812 »

touchton wrote:First of all I would like to go on record saying wine, by definition, is a 'girly' drink. I enjoyed the wine very much, but I also must say any 'girly' side of me is a lesbian.

Now regarding DSFL; I like the idea of a ride to the Finger Lakes area. But, fall is football time. Particularly on the weekends. If we could do the ride say, Tuesday through Friday, I would certainly be there. But I really have separation anxiety from my TV on the weekends.
DVR is your friend! I too have the football addiction. =P~
Still would be great to see as many from the Bash here. =D>
RIDE TOO PRETEND, PRETEND TOO RIDE. :)
89 Oldwing, 07 WR250R, 14 KX250F