Page 1 of 1

Pulled the trigger

Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:58 pm
by rabbibgr
Bought a new 2011 R1200R and will probably pick it up Wed.. It's been a couple of years since I had a
beemer. I replaced my '97RT WITH A 650 v-sTROM.
I am finding that it is difficult to get farkles, because the bike is so new and there are some front end changes. This means that the aftermarket windscreens don't work. Stuff from BMW. such as crash bars and the touring screen bracket will not be available till July. Twisted Throttle may come to the rescue as they say their crashbars will work. I talked to Charley at Parabellum and he might use my bike to fit a Scout. I hate being a pioneer, but I will keep you informed as to the progress. In the meantime I may have to use my old Slipstream with universal brackets.

There was a photo somewhere of a 1200R with a solo saddle and a cover for the rear portion, I can no longer find it. Does anyone know where to get those pieces

Re: Pulled the trigger

Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:00 pm
by Sander Abernathy
Here's a link to one on the Horning website.

http://www.motorcycleparts-hornig.com/B ... cover.html

Here's the same part with a bigger price tag but it ships from the US, after they order it from the vendor above.

http://eurotechmotorsports.com/forms/My ... artRow=121

I want to get one but I wonder if it will fit on the comfort saddle.

There's a company called Gimbel that came out with a complete set of body work for the R1200R including the belly pay, fairing and a replacement solo seat with seat cowling. Here's a link to a site that sells the belly pan, fairing and solo seat:

http://www.whaccessories.com/BMWAccessories.htm

Re: Pulled the trigger

Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:04 pm
by Sander Abernathy
That solo saddle from Gimble integrates nicely with the OEM back end of the R1200R, the pre-2011 R1200R.

Re: Pulled the trigger

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:25 am
by rabbibgr
Thanks, but once again, everything seems to br for pre 2011

Re: Pulled the trigger

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:55 am
by Catchina
I'm in the same boat, looking for 2011 screens and farkles but all I see are items for 2010 and earlier. Was this an issue when the 2010 first came out?

Re: Pulled the trigger

Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:42 am
by Faylo
I pulled the trigger on a 2010 in early March with the idea of adding a bunch of farkles, and the only thing I can think of since then has been riding it. I suggest just waiting a bit and letting the vendors get a handle on the thing. I bet that in a short time many of the items for the pre 2011 models will be available for the 2011 and will be the same, or only slightly modified. I don't think it will be long in coming.
Ride fast!