Spline Lube Instructions
Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:04 am
Hello
Just signed up to the forum but have been visiting since I got my bike this spring.
My 04 r1150r had 12k miles on it when I got her this spring. I have put about 7k on it since. Some of the posts I have been reading have me worried about Spline Lube and early input shaft wear. My bike runs and shifts very well but it is 10 years old. Should I be thinking about doing the Lube service this winter or just leave it alone. I would do it myself as I love working on bikes. I also have an R60/6 and a r26 which I have done spline lubes on both but those are simple and easy. The 1150 looks a little more challenging. I would rather do the service than suffer the premature spline wear issue. Can anyone recommend a good service book that describes the procedure so I do it properly. Any help would be appreciated.
Should I be concerned at this low mileage?
Thanks
Lawrence
Just signed up to the forum but have been visiting since I got my bike this spring.
My 04 r1150r had 12k miles on it when I got her this spring. I have put about 7k on it since. Some of the posts I have been reading have me worried about Spline Lube and early input shaft wear. My bike runs and shifts very well but it is 10 years old. Should I be thinking about doing the Lube service this winter or just leave it alone. I would do it myself as I love working on bikes. I also have an R60/6 and a r26 which I have done spline lubes on both but those are simple and easy. The 1150 looks a little more challenging. I would rather do the service than suffer the premature spline wear issue. Can anyone recommend a good service book that describes the procedure so I do it properly. Any help would be appreciated.
Should I be concerned at this low mileage?
Thanks
Lawrence