replacement fuel lines

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

willyroyale
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

replacement fuel lines

Post by willyroyale »

hi all

i feel my fuel lines are stiffening and im on a general service and upgrade of my 24k mile 2001 bike. can any body please spec the required pipework i need and a reputable seller. i need to do a fuel filter replacement too, any advice welcome. its a UK bike but i visit the USA every month so could source pipes there if suggested.

regards

nick
AZBMWRIDER
Basic User
Donating Member #: 1

Re: replacement fuel lines

Post by AZBMWRIDER »

I purchased fuel injection fuel line at the local auto parts store and some fuel injection hose clamps .
I also moved the fuel filter to outside the tank .
Just installed a piece of fuel line in place of the filter in the tank .
'02 R1150R, Atlanta Blue
Been riding since 1979, BMW's since 1981 .
4 R65's, '87 Guzzi V65 Lario .
Railbender
Lifer
Donating Member #: 689

Post by Railbender »

My preferred source for parts of that nature is BeemerBoneyard http://www.beemerboneyard.com/
Mike is a super nice guy too. I'm not sure if he will ship overseas but you could ship to a U.S. location for pick up here.
Martyn
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Post by Martyn »

Railbender wrote:My preferred source for parts of that nature is BeemerBoneyard http://www.beemerboneyard.com/
Mike is a super nice guy too. I'm not sure if he will ship overseas but you could ship to a U.S. location for pick up here.
He certainly ships to the UK, because I bought the QD replacements & fuel lines from him earlier this year.
Martyn Hillier, Cheltenham, UK.
1979 R100RT, 2013 R1200RT, 2014 R1200R & 2016 R1200RT Iconic.
billbeemer
Basic User

Post by billbeemer »

ditto that. mike at the boneyard is a helpful and informative ally and i use him whenever i can.
Sunbeemer
Basic User
Donating Member #: 593

Post by Sunbeemer »

You need "Fuel Injection" hose to withstand the fuel pressure in our system (carburator hose won't do that).
Goodyear SAE J36R9 can be used outside the tank, and
Goodyear SAE J36R10 should be used inside the tank (i.e. to replace an externalized fuel filter) since it can withstand immersion in gasoline.
Rich
ADIOS!