PSA - GPR Exhaust

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1100R.

Moderator: Moderators

jmckeown
Basic User

Re: PSA - GPR Exhaust

Post by jmckeown »

My bike is an '01 and it fits just fine.
No issues. And yes, getting the exhaust off the header is the toughest part - it's been there a long time!
smutny
Basic User

Post by smutny »

Thanks wyoplinker and jmckeown, that's what I figured but I've missed things in the past.

wyoplinker, did you remove the O2 sensor when installing the Gen3? O2 sensors have been my achilles heel in my Saab and if it becomes an issue here I'd love to just get rid of it!

Overall, any real difference in handling once the 24lbs was removed down low? I doubt in our daily type riding there would be much. But hitting the twisties might show a difference.
John Smutny
2000 R1100R
CRazyCam
Basic User

Post by CRazyCam »

For the O2 sensor, I had no such problem as my Australian 1998 model didn't have an O2 sensor.

If you choose not to move the O2 sensor over to the new exhaust, I guess you should really look at the Cat Code Plug to see if it "wants" one or not.

As for handling, I think the weight is sufficiently low not to make too much difference, although, on my favourite twisty hill, the ride up hill did feel rather easier minus 10 kilos.

regards,CrazyCam
wyoplinker
Basic User

Post by wyoplinker »

The Gen 3 EFI controller plugs in line in between the fuel injector and also the O2 sensor. I think it effectively "ignores" the O2 sensor and sends its own signals for when the injector should fire and for how long. It took 5 minutes to install and worked as advertised. So far I've only adjusted the "cruise" setting, as that's where the bike ran the worst. I haven't played with the other settings yet, but will probably leave them the way they are as the bike seems to be running fine.

I'm planning on selling or trading this bike in on the new RnineT in the spring. Cool bike, dumb name.
paikia44
Basic User

Post by paikia44 »

Does the Deeptone come with the big GPR logo?