Back with a Boxer

Ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the new 2015 r12r lc. R1200RS info goes in here too!

Moderator: Moderators

yjleesvrr
Donating Member #: 0

Back with a Boxer

Post by yjleesvrr »

Hi gang - most of you don't know me. I'm a veteran of this site active between 2002 - 2008. I just acquired a new RT and am back in the boxer fold. Good to see this site still active and alive. I've on occasion dropped by to see what y'all have been chatting about. The upcoming R1200R LC should be quite a naked standard. The RT is fast. The Roadster being lighter will be near sportbike fast.
Member #93, June 2002
'14 BMW R1200RT "Wethead"
'77 BMW R100/7 "Airhead"
sweatmark
Septuple Lifer
Donating Member #: 208

Re: Back with a Boxer

Post by sweatmark »

Welcome back! There are a few of us still here from the old days.

Agreed: the water boxer drivetrain in a light frame would/could be a rocket. I rode a new GS last week as loaner and was impressed by the performance, even in Rain mode. Put that engine in a sport frame, preferably with S1000RR forks, and I would buy. Better yet, a new version of the Megamoto would be amazing.
Rockster#2, K1300S, S1000R (for sale)
CycleRob
Honorary Lifer
Donating Member #: 1

Post by CycleRob »

Yong, I have pictures of when we rode our OilHeads together on a Blue Ridge Mt Bash group ride. The new liquid cooled DOHC RT will put you near the front of even the fast guy group ride pack (if you so desire). IMEO that bike is the best all around Sport Touring bike made. Handling, comfort, brakes, power, owner serviceability, class, beauty, fuel efficiency - - - it has it all, except maybe the big MSRP, which is still money well spent.

Is your V-Twin SV still in the family?
`09 F800ST

Member since Sept 10, 2001

"Talent, On Loan, From God" --Rush Limbaugh--
yjleesvrr

Post by yjleesvrr »

Thanks for the welcome-back gents. It's good to be back. One of the reasons I dropped off was due to getting married and having a family. Been busy the last few years. Still doing the same thing for a living and enjoying it a lot. Rob - I do not have the SV anymore. Maintaining/storing multiple vehicles got difficult. The RT is my only bike and will remain so for a while. I have to make time for my kids, which is a pleasure. Looking forward to participating in discussions here and riding with y'all again.
Member #93, June 2002
'77 BMW R100/7 "Airhead"
Boxer
Lifer
Donating Member #: 2

Post by Boxer »

Welcome back Yong! I am lusting after that Wasser Boxer. I have a photo also, of the day me, you and Vann rode together on our three black RRs. Good times!

wncbmw
Lifer

Post by wncbmw »

Hey Yong! Late to the welcome back party but glad to see you back. Hope you can come to the Bash!

Boxer - My avatar photo is from that ride! At Seneca Rocks!
'02 in black - the real BMW color! (Now gone to a new home)
Vann - Lifer No. 295
yjleesvrr

Post by yjleesvrr »

Thanks Vann. I made a reservation in Mt. Airy. So I'm looking forward to seeing you guys again.
Member #93, June 2002
'77 BMW R100/7 "Airhead"