Frightened by a Roadster

All other motorcycle related topics go in here." However, DO NOT post ANY messages that are related to politics or religion in here. They will be erased. Thanks!

Moderator: Moderators

12bar1
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Frightened by a Roadster

Post by 12bar1 »

Apparently seeing a guy on a red Roadster dressed in a high viz aerostich suit is enough to terrify some drivers or at least one, let me explain. I was headed to work yesterday morning and I thought I had forgotten my ID/access badge that I need to get into my office. I wasn’t even out of the neighborhood yet so it was no big deal I could just turn around and go home and get it. I was approaching a sharp right hand curve that is difficult for some of my neighbors to negotiate. They usually cut it short when approaching from the opposite direction. This morning was no exception a full size SUV, a Caddy I think is there about the same time I am and sure enough the bimbo with the cell phone stuck in her ear cuts the corner really short. She was completely in my lane so I beep my horn just to wake her up and she beeps back at me. No harm no foul no big deal, after the corner I turn around to zip back to the house for my badge now I am behind the SUV but about a block back. On my way to the house I find my badge so I change plans and make a right at the next intersection. I am still behind the SUV and she starts hauling butt. My guess is around 50mph in a 30 zone when she gets to the shopping center at the end of the street she slams on the brakes and pulls in to the center. Then she jumps out of the truck with her cell phone still in her hand and starts pointing at me and yelling!!! Now I realize she thinks I was chasing her but I wasn’t. I never did anything aggressive no tail gaiting, flashing lights, hand gestures, nothing. My guess is she has done something like this before and got chased or she was terrified by the site of the beastly beemer and the bad biker dude in the stich. At first I felt bad that she was so frightened but later it seemed kind of funny. I never saw myself as looking like a member of a biker gang but apparently there must be one somewhere and their colors are High Viz and black.
Yer wanted by the police and my wife thinks your dead.
Shaman
Honorary Lifer

Post by Shaman »

Maybe she watched too many Mission Impossible Movies where the guys in Stitch are all packing Mac10s in their pockets.
fnfalman
Basic User

Post by fnfalman »

She should be afraid of getting her ass kicked!!! She was in YOUR LANE and damn near ran you over.
Cogito Ergo Vroom - I think therefore I ride.
03 Rockster, 07 Aprilia Tuono R, 07 KTM 990 Adventure
DSKYZD
Lifer
Donating Member #: 187

Post by DSKYZD »

I would have flipped up my visor and gave her a big kiss.

DSKYZD
JOURNEY JUNKIE #187
Gord
Lifer

Post by Gord »

The world is full of people who believe that only their view of reality is correct. They choose to castigate, negate, and disassociate themselves from any reality that is not their own. My advice to them would be to fellate me.

Just my post-Christmas thoughts.
Gord

I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. - No. 6
wncbmw
Lifer

Post by wncbmw »

Somehow, I don't think the Hi-Viz biker gang apparell will catch on! :lol:

I agree with DSKYZD - smile and blow a kiss! Better than the finger! She might be armed! :P
'02 in black - the real BMW color! (Now gone to a new home)
Vann - Lifer No. 295
scottybooj
Lifer

Post by scottybooj »

GORD!

after viewing your last few posts, I must say that something has happened to you during the holiday season.

Do tell dear friend, do tell!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Scott
Black '50R
Long Island, NY
double-secret probationary lifetime member #311