Body parts swap, black for granite gray
Moderator: Moderators
Body parts swap, black for granite gray
I,m looking at a 2008 BMW R1200R in excellent condition that is black with a white stripe (OEM). Does anyone have a R1200R with granite gray body parts that they would like to swap for the black w/stripe?
please contact me at: [email protected]
please contact me at: [email protected]
Re: Body parts swap, black for granite gray
Sorry , Mine is Crystal Grey but I have thought about a trade like that. i'd be up for it.
Mark
Mark
What is happening to my skin?
Where is that protection that I needed?
Air can hurt you too
Where is that protection that I needed?
Air can hurt you too
Re: Body parts swap, black for granite gray
Granite Gray is definitely the faster color, so probably will not get any takers on this. 
MSF #127350 NAUI #36288
2011 RT
WARNING: TEST RIDING THE R1200R IS HAZARDOUS TO YOUR FINANCES
2011 RT
WARNING: TEST RIDING THE R1200R IS HAZARDOUS TO YOUR FINANCES
-
deilenberger
- Honorary Lifer
- Posts: 4210
- Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 9:21 pm
- Location: New Jersey USA
- Contact:
Re: Body parts swap, black for granite gray
HA! You only wish..ka5ysy wrote:Granite Gray is definitely the faster color, so probably will not get any takers on this.
Don Eilenberger - NJ Shore
2012 R1200R - I love this bike!
2012 R1200R - I love this bike!
-
Caroanbill
- Lifer
- Posts: 547
- Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:29 pm
- Location: Sydney, Australia
Re: Body parts swap, black for granite gray
I see your point - black with a white stripe is just so over-the-top in the retro stakes. It sort of says " ... my life peaked in 1974, and here's my psuedo /6 to prove it ... "
Crystal Grey is of course the most understated, i've-got-nothing-to-prove colour - but Granite Grey does OK. I had no trouble getting my pannier and topcase lids painted (but $600AUD): you'd only have to do the tank and side covers. I doubt any Crystal Grey buyer would part with their original parts (proof of enduring good taste) ...
Why not ask your local aesthetes to contribute to new paint? Surely they'd chip in to cover up the pin-stripes and restrope civility to an otherwise tasteful machine???
Seriously - painting might not be too hard or too expensive.
Crystal Grey is of course the most understated, i've-got-nothing-to-prove colour - but Granite Grey does OK. I had no trouble getting my pannier and topcase lids painted (but $600AUD): you'd only have to do the tank and side covers. I doubt any Crystal Grey buyer would part with their original parts (proof of enduring good taste) ...
Why not ask your local aesthetes to contribute to new paint? Surely they'd chip in to cover up the pin-stripes and restrope civility to an otherwise tasteful machine???
Seriously - painting might not be too hard or too expensive.
#584 Crystal Grey tour-farkelled Vespa GTS250 PX150
xF650CS R1150RS R80 K1100LT R65LS K100RT
xF650CS R1150RS R80 K1100LT R65LS K100RT
-
famousperson
- Sextuple Lifer
- Posts: 523
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 1:35 pm
- Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Re: Body parts swap, black for granite gray
I, also, would be up for a swap, although mine is crystal grey, too.
Peter
Peter
'07 R1200R
Life Member #599
NAUI Inst. #1434 (since 1969)
Life Member #599
NAUI Inst. #1434 (since 1969)
Re: Body parts swap, black for granite gray
The black with white stripes bikes only need to be fast enough to stay ahead of the other vehicles in the funeral procession.
Also I think it would be a nice touch to have the frame painted silver and not black.
Mark
Also I think it would be a nice touch to have the frame painted silver and not black.
Mark
What is happening to my skin?
Where is that protection that I needed?
Air can hurt you too
Where is that protection that I needed?
Air can hurt you too
Re: Body parts swap, black for granite gray
Sorry, I'm just looking for the granite gray. Thanks
Re: Body parts swap, black for granite gray
HMMMMMM
Barritz blue and it's where do I send them. Still....hmmmmm.
Barritz blue and it's where do I send them. Still....hmmmmm.
I finally got got an RT!
'11 R1200R Classic, '07 R12R, '99 R1100R. Gone but not forgotten
'11 R1200R Classic, '07 R12R, '99 R1100R. Gone but not forgotten
Re: Body parts swap, black for granite gray
Daveyator, I think your trying to add to this thread, I just don't know what your trying to say?
Re: Body parts swap, black for granite gray
BFILK is trying to slow his bike down, that is why he is opting for the Granite Grey. We all know, yes, ALL of us know that Georg Meier (#49) would not have made all of his world records with the sport roadster boxer were it painted in Granite Grey. Ultrafast Black w/Pin Stripe is where the speed is at!!!!! 
'11 BMW F800R
'08 BMW R1200R
'07 BMW R1200S
'84 BMW R100
'08 BMW R1200R
'07 BMW R1200S
'84 BMW R100
Re: Body parts swap, black for granite gray
Thought you might want to know.....
I just bought a 2010 R12R at Pandoa's in Chattanooga Tn. All they had was a single granite grey.
They didn't even flinch.....they're painting it BMW night black...no charge.
Also gave me a chance to add a small touch to personalize mine with a little extra paint.
I pick it up this Wednesday.....I'll post a pic.
I just bought a 2010 R12R at Pandoa's in Chattanooga Tn. All they had was a single granite grey.
They didn't even flinch.....they're painting it BMW night black...no charge.
Also gave me a chance to add a small touch to personalize mine with a little extra paint.
I pick it up this Wednesday.....I'll post a pic.
10 R1200R
09 KLX 250sf
74 H2
77 RD
69 Kawasaki Bushwacker
67 Kawasaki 120SS
65 CB 450 Black Bomber !
09 KLX 250sf
74 H2
77 RD
69 Kawasaki Bushwacker
67 Kawasaki 120SS
65 CB 450 Black Bomber !
Re: Body parts swap, black for granite gray
Still looking to swap Black Classic R1200R tank, side panels and front fender for Granite Grey . Will swap set or individual components. Pictures available upon request.
-
famousperson
- Sextuple Lifer
- Posts: 523
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 1:35 pm
- Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Re: Body parts swap, black for granite gray
Damn! Mine is crystal grey. I would give anything to swap. There was a black 2010 at the dealer's this morning. Gorgeous. Black is the only proper BMW color.
'07 R1200R
Life Member #599
NAUI Inst. #1434 (since 1969)
Life Member #599
NAUI Inst. #1434 (since 1969)
Re: Body parts swap, black for granite gray
Only if you want to go slow and play with HOG's ....famousperson wrote:D Black is the only proper BMW color.
MSF #127350 NAUI #36288
2011 RT
WARNING: TEST RIDING THE R1200R IS HAZARDOUS TO YOUR FINANCES
2011 RT
WARNING: TEST RIDING THE R1200R IS HAZARDOUS TO YOUR FINANCES